Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day




So this year I thought I would finally use my talent and make sugar cookies for my monkey's to give to their friends at school instead of cards. It all seemed fine until I realized that I have 4 kids in school, but I already gave my word, so my overnighter began. I was 3 short of 100 cookies on my kitchen table. It took me all night to get them done, but I really enjoyed it. I then had an order from one of the girls at the office so I made cupcakes for all 4 of the girls and put them in cute boxes. Then I decided to take cookie orders for Valentine's Day. It felt great to bake. It's my outlet, my own world. I can't wait to have a bigger home. I really would like to have a 3 car garage and convert the 3rd area into a bakery. I'm also looking at going to culinary school. I've really thought about what I would like to do and it's baking. There are so many things I could do, but will I love it and still be at home with the kids? Heavenly Father blessed me with a wonderful talent, so I should make the most of it!

3 comments:

Cami Jill said...

my kids loved them. too bad they'll never know the labor of love it was. Kids are just like "oh, a cookie" not "oh this must have taken all night to make this many cookies - thank you so much!"

The Mach's said...

Be sure to move back here to Texas before you start this bakery--I would like to benefit from those tasty looking treats! You are one of those women that make the rest of us realize why we don't have any talents--you took them all!!!:)
You're awesome! We miss ya'll, I can't belive how everyone has grown,I barely recognize those boys!!!

Chauntel said...

amen to what dusty said. you are so talented in so many ways. especially in the kitchen.