So much as happened since I last blogged. So here we go... My little dude turned 2 on April 8th and that night/morning, it was maybe 1:00am, I had to take him to St. Lukes because he was struggling to breath. His little chest was caving in and his tummy was bulging out. In the E.R. he had 3 breathing treatments and a dose of steroids which didn't help, so the doc decided to admit him. Sammy was a great patient and got compliments all day and night, he even had great rumors going around the hospital about him. Every doc and nurse that came in would tell me they heard he was the best kid patient they've had. It was a long 38 hours in the hospital but we had the whole wing to ourselves and Sam enjoyed playing with all the toys and riding on the tricyle and in the wagon! He is doing much better and we hope that this doesn't happen again but we are prepared for it since Abby has asthma.
Joe recently shaved his head bald for one of his great friends, Brady Wirick, in Idaho Falls. Brady found out recently that he has cancer so Joe decided he would support Brady and shave his head. I am totally supportive of this but it has been an adjustment to look at. :) He looks just like his little brother, Nick, with a bald head. We love Brady and his little family and pray that he will be able to fight this cancer and have a long life with his wife and 2 girls.
Other than that we are just trucking along in Idaho. Enjoying the beautiful days and the weather that can't make up it's mind. Cold one day, hot the other.
Joe is very busy with work and the only full day we get to spend as a family is Sundays. This coming weekend will be the huge patient appreciation day, so that will be fun and crazy. Douglas will be turning 9 on May 4th. I'm thinking about running the Race for the Cure in a few weeks and then Abby turns 6 on May 28th.
So I guess that's about it. There's always some kind of excitement going on at our house. Oh! I am feeling alot better. Eating right and taking the supplements my body needs has turned my crohn's around. I still have some bad days but it's not constant and I can totally deal with that. Joe has lost about 35 lbs and has started running with me. I'm so proud of him! He is also training our dog Jetta for the Utility Test in 6 weeks. If Jetta passes this test we can start breeding her!!! Okay I think that's it. I love you all and really miss my family and can't wait for those of you who are coming up this summer for Ken's baptism.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Holy Cow!
Posted by Chris at 9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Your family never lacks for excitement that is for sure! We will keep Brady in our prayers! Also that Sammy and Abby stay well! I am so proud of you for trying to control your Crohn's with diet and exercise! You are such a great example to me! We love your family so much and are grateful to be called your friends!
We hope to be two of the people coming up this summer :)
Post a Comment