Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Miss Brooklyn
Brooklyn was born March 5, 2010 at 1:05a.m. at The Baby Place in Meridian. Brooklyn was my second delivery with a midwife and no meds. This last pregnancy was the hardest out of the 6. I was very sick my first tri and it didn't really seem to get better as time went on. Despite feeling sick, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of being pregnant. It is so amazing to know that there is a tiny person growing inside of your body. The little kicks, hiccups, and turning around are just fascinating. The evening I went into labor we were finishing dinner, my sister and her family were getting ready for their long drive back to Texas and Joe had just gotten home from work. Contractions started to get pretty strong, but I just kept doing my usual thinking this would just be another false alarm. I finally couldn't take it anymore and called my midwife and she asked me to come in. Teresa and Jason lovingly postponed their departure and stayed to watch our kids. Joe and I left and I kept thinking "as soon as we get there they're going to say it was false labor and send me home". To my surprise the midwife said I was at an 8! She told Joe to go ahead and bring the bags in. My friend, Summer, came to video the birth. Joe took at nap while Summer looked after me. Now for me having no meds is a huge mental game. I had to constantly tell myself that I was strong and to not be a whiner. I did really great until it was time to push. I no longer wanted anything to do with natural childbirth, but it was too late and Brooklyn was crowning. The birth was so amazing! I was able to cut the cord and finally hold her tiny body in my arms. Our bodies can accomplish amazing miracles. I'm so blessed to have been able to have 6 healthy children. I'm thankful for the opportunity of Motherhood and the chance I had at having 2 natural childbirths.
Posted by Chris at 11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comments:
Is that Sam holding Brooklyn!?? I had to take a second look because I thought it was Doug. You look BEAUTIFUL! Don't even look like you have six kiddos.
Post a Comment