So for Christmas I got a table. Abby and I had gone to Goodwill to find some jeans for Cheyenne and we always like to walk around before we leave. I saw this table and went over to check it out, it had been chewed on by a dog on two of the corners and the tops of the chairs. It was an easy repair. I looked at the price tag and called Joe immediately! He slowly said yes to the buy and the next day he picked it up for me. We sanded the corners and chairs and painted them. (my friend let us borrow the stain and paint)
So, the reason I was so excited about a table is so our family could sit down as a family and eat our meals. I remember growing up and sitting around the table and talking. I despirately wanted those same memories for the kids.
I'm happy to say we have been eating our meals at the table and the kids enjoy setting the table. Clearing the table, not so enjoyable.
Okay, so my bargain find was $30. Yeah, I was super excited about that. It didn't come with all the chairs, but we already had some folding chairs that we use and later we'll add some chairs from IKEA.
I love shopping at second hand stores!!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
My Table
Posted by Chris at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I love love love your new table. Even if it was a lot more money I'd love it. So, it makes it even more wonderful that it was 30 bucks. I think the highlite of my week last week was buying Isaac Nike cleats for 6 buck. When I almost bought a new pair of noname cleats for 17 bucks. What ever!!!
I love love love your table.
I love dinner at the table as a family especially when my kids don't cry about what I made.
Hey Christy! I love your table too. It's beautiful and I am all about the bargains, ya know?! Umm...can you say borrowed wedding dress! Ha Ha Ha
I sure do miss you guys!
Post a Comment