A new Sportsman Warehouse opened in Nampa and yesterday they had black bear cubs there to take pics with. Well we didn't know they were taking pics, there was just promotions about bear cubs to look at so Joe thought it would be fun to take the kids. Well he has been super sick, so I took Doug, Ken, and Abby. Sam was asleep with Joe and Cheyenne decided it would be boring so she stayed with her friend across the street to play. So we get there and see signs on the floor to take a pic with the bear. So we follow and I thought maybe it was an option, like you can either take a pic or pet the bear. Nope the pic was $15, so to not upset the kids who had been pumped to get to see the bear we waited in line to take a pic. I got to the front paid and then got to thinking, crap if I have to pay 15 I want to have the whole family. So I asked the guy in charge if we could save our reciept so I could get the rest of my kids. He was nice and signed the paper. Of course at hearing that we had to go back home and pick up the others, Doug about died! Why do we have to go pick everyone up, they should have come with us, this isn't fair, why are you so mean to us! I was about to give in to avoid embaressment and then I thought dang it, I'm the freaking parent, I make the decisions. So off we went to pick up the rest of the gang, Doug was super mad. I called Joe and he got ready. So I'm getting the others ready and Cheyenne is outside cleaning up and Joe and I happen to be looking outside and BAM!, she meets the sidewalk. She comes crying across the street, knee bloody, wrist hurting, elbow scratched up. Joe of course blows up and demands that all wheels be taken out of their heelys. She then says she can't go take a pic because she will be crying the whole time. Anyway we finally get there and the line is now wrapped around 2 isles. Joe decides to take this opportunity to walk around the store while we wait in line. The dad in front of us a bit jealous because he wanted to do the same thing, but waited in line with his family. We finally get up to take our picture and it was so exciting! I got to hold the bear. He was so cuddly and warm, I want one! The kids got to pet the cub and 10 secs later we had our pic. I'm sure Joe was a bit sad not being able to hold the bear.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Black Bear Cub
Posted by Chris at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
...the story behind the picture is always the best... =)
what a good lookin' family!
Cute picture. I can't believe you're holding a bear.
Cool. You have such a cute family! You know, I held a wild animal this week too...her name is Sara-Olivia! (she's reached the terrible 3's...please tell me this won't last forever!) Hope you all had a fun Easter. Love ya.
cute warm and cuddly? That sounds like my Joe Bear!
Chauntel
Post a Comment