Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sunday Trip





Last sunday after church we went on one of our exploring drives. Joe found an island that is in Idaho but the only way to get to it is through Oregon. So we ate some sandwiches and we were off. The kids watched a movie on the way, so they were pretty good. When we got to the island there were big signs that said "NO TRESPASSING", so I thought it would be a good idea to just call it good and go home. Well Joe thought if they didn't want us going in they would of locked the gate. We crossed the river onto Gamble Island on this one way bridge that could of fallen apart, I was a bit nervous. No one was visible all the houses were the same color, there was a horse racing area, farming area and if you crossed another bridge there was more to see. So that's when I strongly felt like we should leave to avoid being caught. Joe thought I was being silly, but it freaked my out. I was so freaked out I forgot to take pictures of the place. Since we still have Texas plates I decided if we did get pulled over we would just play stupid tourist. Joe said if I weren't with him, he would of gone on and even knocked on some doors until he met someone to talk to.
On our way home we stopped at a historical site, so the kids wouldn't get upset about not getting out. It was a replica of Fort Boise. The kids enjoyed peeking inside and running around for a few min. Then we enjoyed our ride home.

0 comments: