Friday, June 6, 2008

It's Great to be Eight!


Douglas was baptized and confirmed Sat. May 31, 2008 by his daddy.

So last year Cheyenne was baptized and Sam was born all in one weekend. It was an emotional roller coaster, but one that was of joy! I didn't think I would be as emotional with Doug, but Heavenly Father proved me wrong. As I stood in the book store looking at the scriptures I was going to get him, I was overwhelmed with the spirit. Doug is my first son, he will be the first to receive the Priesthood from his father, he will be the first to serve our Heavenly Father by going on a mission. I was overjoyed by these thoughts. I then had a dilemma, should I buy the quad or the separate scriptures, which would be best for his mission. Well, I decided on the separate ones and then had his name engraved on them. The day of his baptism I was a bit stressed. Not only was it a big day for him, but it was also Abby's b-day party. I was trying to fit everything in with Mom and Dad Hall, and my Mom in town.
We had so many friends and their families come to the baptism, and also had family come from Oregon for that I am truly thankful.
In true Dougie fashion the whole experience was no biggie, he's so laid back like his daddy!
I am truly grateful for all the tremendous blessings we have been given. I pray that as life goes on I will be able to raise my sons in righteousness so that they will be ready and willing to serve the Lord when that time comes. I'm grateful for my little brother and the huge example he is setting for my boys by serving a mission. I'm so happy that Doug was completely surrounded by such strong Priesthood holders as he was confirmed. Thanks to everyone for showing so much love towards our family.

1 comments:

Chauntel said...

Wow!!! Congratulations, Doug. I wish we could have been there. I can't believe how old all your kids are getting. I can't wait for our first baptism.