Monday, November 10, 2008

1 week down

Well,the kids are on track break right now and we got off to a rough start. Sam and Cheyenne got pretty sick. Cheyenne ended up getting two shots in her bumm. She was not happy about it. Sam had a horrible cough so we didn't do any of the activities that where planned for the week. We did however squeeze in some school work and Abby learned to read 2 books. Joe came home and suggested I start homeschooling and I just looked at him like he was crazy. Maybe if we had a bigger home where I could designate an area, but we don't and I have zero patience so it's a big fat NO! I had a crippling migraine Sat which put a damper in our date night so that was a bummer. Other than that track break has been okay. The kids are all looking forward to the last week when their Gramps and Grandma Hall come to visit. Kenny has a count down paper he made. I hope all the other track breakers are doing well!

3 comments:

Within These Walls said...

I'm sorry to hear you had sick kids. We need to get our kids together. I couldn't do home school either. Track break makes you really appreciate theit teachers!

ChristinaJ said...

Awww, sorry the kiddos are sick. What's track break? We don't have that here. We have fall break which was in October.

Oh and those two words don't mix...home and school. One must leave home to go to school, IMO :)

John leaned me towards doing that with S-O and I said, "Ok, you want me to do homeschool, then you take a weeks vacation time off work to stay home with both girls 24/7 while I go on a week long vacation somewhere alone....If you make it to the 7th day alive, without new gray hair, having fed the children 3 square meals a day and bathed and clothed them properly (shorts and PJ top all day doesn't count), all without totally losing your mind or calling me not a one time...then I'll do it." He never mentioned it again.

jen said...

Sorry that you guys were sick. I couldn't homeschool either, although I have my teaching degree. You saw how it was with Emm some days doing the preschool! Scarey!!!