Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rush TRI



So my friend Kiera asked me if I wanted to do a triathalon. I was a bit hesitant at first because I recently had Brook, was carrying 30 extra pounds, totally out of shape, and I had no bike. Regardless of these obstacles I agreed and signed up. I found a bike on craigslist and it fit me perfectly. I found a training schedule online and got to work. I worked out 5 days a week in the mornings. I had my 1st bike accident a few weeks in which resulted in 8 stiches to my chin and some yucky road rash on the right side of my body. Once healed from that I was back to grind. The training was really fun!! By race day I had lost the 30 lbs and felt great! I had 10 weeks to train. The race went ok, I thought for sure my best event would be swimming, but it's very different in a open water swim than in a pool in your own lane. The bike by far was my best event thanks to the group of guys who bike in my area!! I joined them for a handful a bike rides. The run could of been better but I was not prepared for uphill and offroad!! It was wonderful to have Joe and the kids there to cheer me on. I look forward to next year and the Half Ironman with Lety and about 4 to 5 other races I want to do!!!

1 comments:

Chauntel said...

you're awesome. i wish i had you around to train with.